Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Local Music Live Scene

Basically I was grown up with classical music and when it comes to talk about music live, for me it's always unplugged. So I didn't like the sound through the amplifier so much.

Last year, I got a friend whose boy friend (G) was a singer of some music band, so I had a chance to go and see their live show. They are very experienced singer and guitarist and showed good perfomance. The most impressive thing was that their music was not somebody's copy but their original. Even they sometimes play other's songs, but they arranged it and played completely as their style.

Since then, I sometimes go and check some live shows in my town. They have various kind of music back ground, Rock, Soul, Blues, fusion, R&B and so on. I especially like acoustic style live show. And Early Believers (Basement) is such a place where I can feel an ideal music live.

E.B
Tonight, one of my favorite vocalists from New Zealand and G played and sang on the same stage. If I see the audience, it's easy to get to know about the musician's reputation. And in the audience, there were other local musicians who usually play there. They are all friends and come to listen to the others, talk, exchange their information, somtimes do business (EIGYO) or PR. and inspire themselves! I like this atomsphere. It also activates my music life and makes it more creative!

2 comments:

James Heneghan said...

You should go and check out James Heneghan's live show! I hear he's really good!

obwegesser said...

Thank you for your information. Yeah I've ever heard about him. His style is acoustic which I really like, right? There's his live show next Friday, so I'm going to check it out and report here!