Sunday, February 27, 2005

3,2,1, Action!

Tonight, I and my good friend, Kaori went to see the annual perfomance by Tiempo. Tiempo is a Latin culture center where has Spanish, Protuguese language, flamenco, Argentina tango, salsa, guitar, and art classes. They also has a spanish restaurant and a dance floor. Every Saturday night, the dance floor is filled with those who like to dance salsa!!!
flamencofilm&stage
The show was going on with a story of girl's dream that she wants to be a movie actress. So the movie director leads her to the art, dance, and music world showing the all activity of Tiempo. (It quite works well, not only as an artistic performance but also as an introduction of their activity at Tiempo!) In the finale, everybody including back yard staffs went up to the stage in applause. I was surprised the numbers of ppl who belong to this group of Tiempo!!! and they are all amateurs but it was really fantastic show.
finale
These latino atomosphere and activity, actually reflects on some other festival in my town. It is called "Isla de Salsa". This salsa dance festival is hold in the end of August in a small island for two days every year. This is hot and cool festival at beach side. My friends and I had a great time there last year! Can't wait for this coming summer!
stage

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard that March 3 was a day of Salsa.
I think it is only Japan.
3-3 san-san sa-l-sa?!
なんて強引な。笑。

obwegesser said...

Salsa Day!? I've never heard of it!!!
I heard that March 8th was a day of Samba.
I guess it's only in Japan too.
3-8....Samba...!!! Crazy....
マツケンはドームで舞ったらしい。。。