Sunday, February 20, 2005

Daddy-Long-Legs


This photo was taken in a sunset time on a pitch after the football game on Sunday. The shadow reminds me of a childhood book, "Daddy-Long-Legs" by Jean Webster. This book is well known as the title with "ASHINAGA OJISAN" in Japan. The fact is that the name of "Daddy long-legs" is a kind of spider which has extremely long slender legs including Harvestman and the Japanese name is "ZATO MUSHI". But the Japanese title doesn't say anything about a spider at all!!! Anyway this shadow in this photo makes me look like having long legs, but not slender ones at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hey hey dear!!!!!
finally I found my way here, your blog!!
nice blog!!!
I also like taking photos of shadow♪
they sometimes change their shapes from real figures.
it's interesting!
I'm just wondering what "ZATO MUSHI" is.....
maybe I've never heard it...
anyway I'll be sometimes coming visit here!!!
hope to see you very soon!!

kaori

obwegesser said...

Hi, Kaori! Thanks for your visit and lovely comment! Yeah the shadow makes us realize some new aspects in our life, too.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your new blog, too!!!