Sunday, March 20, 2005

Earthquake

As you already know, we had a big earthquake which had a magnitude of 7.0 and damaged buildings and utility supplies, at 10:53 a.m. on Suday here. I was on the ground and just about to get on the lift to go back to my room 12F at that moment. All of a sudden, I felt a big shaking with incredible noisy sound from the bottom of the earth, and the sound was more bigger than one by a train's passing under the ground. There's something pieces falling down from the ceiling. It was really scared and there's no place to hide by myself. I had to run away immediately and to escape from the shaking and chaose entrance hall of my apartment to the outside road. The escape was like a hell under the big sound and earth shaking. We still have several strong aftershocks here.
IMG_0407
My room had no space to walk in, but I had to leave them for a while. Because I had a friends' wedding party to attend on that day and had to leave for it in 10 minutes. It was amazing that wedding party was kept going while we're having aftershocks every 20 min. I played the piano and sang two songs for them even in such a situation. We usually have the second party and third party after the wedding party, but all shops and restaurants were closed by this earthquake. so all the other parties were canceled. Anyway it was an unforgettable wedding party.

Now I have a slight PTSD; Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, by this earthquake. I have no idea how many and how long people are/have been suffering from PTSD after the big earth quake in the world. The only thing I can say now is that it wouldn't disappear easily.

No comments: